Saturday, July 10, 2021

Then Is Now Podcast #52 - LIVE LIKE A COP, DIE LIKE A MAN (1976)

I am the special guest on this episode of the Then Is Now podcast!  We actually recorded this in January, and due to a technical issue with one of the files, it took until this week to finally get rid of most of the static in my voice to make it fine for listening. I should confess that the tech issue was cause by me doing something stupid when recording myself for the show so any detriments attributable to the audio quality of the show are my fault. But some expert fiddling by the podcast’s fine host did save the track and I am very happy to finally have this available for your ears! Live and learn - I hope. 

In the episode we dig into the Poliziotteschi film LIVE LIKE A COP, DIE LIKE A MAN (1976) which is an action filled piece of ultra-violence that plays like it was answering the question “What if Starsky & Hutch were sociopaths?” (Hat-tip to Jeff Clark!) The film follows two Italian cops using every trick they can think of to take down a mob of vicious criminals with little regard for the consequences. It’s breathlessly entertaining and never dull! 





No comments: