Thursday, January 09, 2014

Sgt. Preston comic book covers


I can feel the urge to watch episodes of Sgt. Preston of the Yukon welling up within me now that Winter is in full frosty swing. I've already been listening to some of the classic radio shows and this past week's extreme cold snap made me feel much in tune with the blizzard conditions that are often depicted in those slices of audio joy. If you are unaware of the joys of Sgt. Preston and his faithful companion King the Wonder Dog I recommend checking out the Bloody Pit show I did last year. You can listen or download the episode HERE for the cold nights bundled up in your own snow covered mountain cabin!

I wouldn't mind reading some of these Preston comics but I doubt they would be as entertaining as the covers. I wonder if any of these have been collected and re-released in recent years. I wonder who even holds the right to release them. Anyone know?







No comments: