Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A wish for a Wolfman's memories


Recently going through BLUE EYES OF THE BROKEN DOLL I was reminded not just of how much I like Paul Naschy’s movies but of how little there really is out there documenting his career. There are a few good websites but few books. He wrote an autobiography several years ago that I can recommend called ‘Memories of a Wolfman’ but as much as I enjoyed it, the book was thin on details of his amazingly prolific movie career. There are whole films that are barely mentioned. As Mr. Naschy is still very much alive I would hope that someone might prevail upon him to write another book delving into his thoughts on just his movies. Much like William Shatner’s ‘Movie Memories’ volume it could give details of the conception of the stories, the production events and the promotional work for each film.

Of course, it’s quite possible that he has no interest in this kind of book at all. I would find that sad but acceptable. It’s his life and he may wish to move on. In that case, it would be nice if someone could conduct a lengthy series of interviews with him either on film or even just on tape. This would make it possible to write a book based on these interviews and include the thoughts of other participants willing to comment on the record.

I love Naschy’s movies and I think a lot of other people would love to read his in depth thoughts on his career. Here’s hoping it happens someday and soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.