Sunday, December 24, 2023

Video - The He-Man & She-Ra Christmas Special


I don't know why I get a kick out of this Christmas special from 1985. I have never been a fan of the animated show in any incarnation and I find the misbegotten live action film from 1987 to be one of the worst cinematic experiences of my life (even though I've grown to enjoy watching it for all the things that should have worked). But this bizarre 45 minutes of stumbling around entertains me in the same way that footage of a poorly managed college stage production can. It's dumb but kind of soothing because you know its going to end in a sappy holiday themed way and no one will even come close to being hurt. But, much like the Flintstone Christmas stories, you have to wonder just how in the universe this season has a foothold in Eternia. 

No comments: