Friday, April 01, 2011

DEATH WILL HAVE YOUR EYES (1974) comes to DVD


I first caught up with this film only a few months ago in bootleg form under its original title La Moglie Giovane a.k.a. THE YOUNG WIFE and it was also known as THE SAVAGE CITY. I was blown away by the excellent, tense script and the fantastic performance by the gorgeous Marisa Mell. She really is amazing in the central role selling every nasty nail-biting twist and turn as she.....well. I don't want to spoil the film for newcomers since I think it is best seen cold. Or at least as cold as the trailer below will allow you to see it! The cool Marisa Mell blog reports that MYA Communication will be releasing the film to Region 1 DVD any day now which is good and bad. MYA has a sorry track record of committing asinine mistakes mastering their discs and of being incredibly sloppy as well. I think I've bitched before here about their lousy release of the film EVIL FACE and my disappointment with their HUNCHBACK OF THE MORGUE DVD is also on record. I can only cross my fingers and hope they have finally hired someone to do some simple quality control before the DVDs hit the streets. This film deserves a high quality presentation on video and Marisa Mell fans should see it regardless of how they manage to do so. If you can rent first that might be a good idea.



1 comment:

Lazarus Lupin said...

Thank you kindly for the heads up. It's these more obscure releases that sometimes miss me.

Lazarus Lupin
http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/
art and review