Wednesday, January 20, 2010

FLASHMAN (1967)


I had every intention of writing a short piece about the Italian Super Hero film FLASHMAN today but discovered this excellent blog entry on the subject. I’ll just point you in the direction of the Double O Section and suggest you read Tanner’s take on this little cheesy gem.

I’ll simply add that I was entirely entertained by the film and was happy that it kept tongue firmly planted in cheek. I was even thrilled with the less than convincing invisibility effects (strings everywhere!) and pretty sad miniature work (Antonio Margheritti was needed here) as the charm of the constantly moving story kept a smile on my face. Scriptwriter Ernesto Gastaldi had his hand in a lot of great Euro-trash and his name in the credits is usually a sign of a quality movie- or at least one that has a better than average chance to be good/entertaining. It’s a shame there was never a sequel as the further adventures of this wealthy crime fighter would have been well worth seeing.

No comments: