Tuesday, November 25, 2008

KILLDOZER- The Video Game!


Back in the 1970s Theodore Sturgeon's short story KILLDOZER was made into a TV movie. I have vague memories of seeing parts of it as a kid but I know I never saw the whole thing. A few months ago I read the story in my copy of the complete Sturgeon Vol. 3 and it is one hell of a good tale. It sounds ridiculous of course. An ancient, malevolent energy creature is freed from its rocky prison by a construction crew building an airfield on a Pacific island. It takes over a large bulldozer and goes on a killing rampage slaughtering as many people as it can get beneath its metal treads. Crazy! But boy does Ted Sturgeon make it work.

I've got to find a copy of the TV film someday soon. But I never thought it would (or could) be turned into a game! Follow the LINK......crushing helpless construction men was never so much fun!

1 comment:

planet-tom said...

Glad you liked my Killdozer Flash game.

A little out of season, but you may want to try the expansion pack I made, A VERY KILLDOZER CHRISTMAS!

http://planettom.home.mindspring.com/killdozer/killdozerxmas.html