Sunday, March 27, 2011

El Santo with boobies?


Well- El Santo doesn't have the boobies. He's just onscreen with the boobies. If you understand what I'm trying to say. Back in June of last year it was noted at the Vampiros and Monstruos blog that the legendary nude version of SANTO Y EL TESORO DE DRACULA (1969) had been found confirming its existence. At that time there was no news about anyone having the chance to SEE this version of the film but that it had been located made Mexican Wrestling movie fans and monster movie fans extremely happy as they lurked in their basement bunkers.

Now it appears that lucky fans in Mexico City will be the first to actually get to see Santo leer at nude ladies while kicking Dracula's sorry ass. The film will debut next week in Guadalajara's International Film Festival as the centerpiece of a selection of vampire movies chosen by famed director Guillermo del Toro. This print of the long sought film was found by chance when producer Guillermo Calderon Stell's grandniece was researching her family's film making past. We live in exciting times my friends. I can only hope that one day I will be able to walk out of my basement with a copy of this movie clutched fiercely in my hands so that I can shout to the Heavens "We got another one!" Last year the missing footage from METROPOLIS turns up in South America and now this.

So with EL VAMPIRO Y EL SEXO off the 'lost' list I can start asking where a print of LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT might finally turn up. Might I suggest Argentina or Peru? The southern hemisphere seems to be where all the cool missing movies are being found these days.

No comments: