Monday, September 13, 2010

Columbia Classics on DVD - sort of....

Sony is following in the footsteps of the successful Warner Archive 'Burn On Demand' DVD-R releases. The focus for their initial batch of offerings is more than 225 films from the Columbia back catalog including some real classics, a few obscure oddities and several TV movies of dubious distinction. Is anyone out there really pining for DVD-Rs of the 'Hart To Hart' reunion movies?

Among the many movies I'd love to add to my collection are THE 27TH DAY, THE BLACK ARROW, DUFFY (with James Coburn!), THE MAD ROOM, THE SOUL OF A MONSTER and THE TAKE (1974) but I'll be holding off due to the far too steep price. I'm sorry but $20 for a DVD-R is just a bit too much to ask. Still--- I could be persuaded if there was some kind of deal offered......

Check it out HERE.

No comments: