Tuesday, December 15, 2009

AVATAR (2009) - lawsuit ahead?


Sadly, the more I see of James Cameron's return to science fiction film making the less interested I am in watching it. From the trailer I can see the broad outline of the story and its looking pretty predictable. Indeed, its looking a lot like some thing I've seen before....namely an Outer Limits episode from 1964 called The Chameleon. As a matter of fact it looks like the same basic story with a love interest wedged in to appeal to the female demographic.

Strange. Cameron has been down this road before and it cost him a lawsuit.



I wonder how long it will be before he or his producers are in court on this one. Or have they already paid off the Outer Limits creators?

1 comment:

Mr. Ghoul said...

Ha! Sic 'em Harlan!
I'm having trouble working up a head of steam for AVATAR as well. Parts of it look spectacular, other parts just look like a spectacular video game.