Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Thundarr the Barbarian Coloring Book!



On the recent Bloody Pit podcast focused on REVENGE OF THE NINJA (1983) my co-host Brian and I rambled briefly down a side-road lamenting the fact tat our beloved Thundarr the Barbarian was cancelled far too soon. Soon after this show was posted I noticed that the great Mark Evanier wrote a piece for his blog about the fact that there was never a comic book series based on the show. I recommend reading it HERE.  

And today my good buddy Jeff Nelson pointed me toward this excellent blog posting that has a downloadable version of the Thundarr coloring book that was released in 1982. I have vague memories of seeing this item years ago but I can't remember if it was back in the day or as a collectible long after. Still, this and the board game from Milton Bradley are the only merchandising stuff that I know of that has ever been released connected to the this amazing, fun show. I guess we're lucky that all 21 episodes are available on DVD, huh? 




No comments: