Sunday, April 19, 2009

The $1.50 theater!

Nashville has a second run movie theater for the first time in almost 10 years and I couldn't be happier. Back in the 1990s the Nashville metro area had at least 3 or 4 and the chance to catch up with a movie for pocket change was always very welcome. There were a couple of lost Saturdays when I and a buddy would see two or three movies in a row stopping only when hunger or butt pain forced us. Now we have one again so I've been visiting it regularly even actually paying for my ticket with quarters at one point. I've caught THE WRESTLER (every bit as good as you've heard), FANBOYS (good but not great) and CORALINE (excellent). I may slip off and see THE INTERNATIONAL later this week. I think I can afford it! And maybe some popcorn, too.

No comments: